you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

hair of fire

a semi-innocuous goodbye
like i'd see you tomorrow
a long drive
and an afternoon of thinking about it

i wonder if you're sleeping
i wonder if you'll read this in the morning
i wonder if you really apologized to your friends for me

but the actions i can't take
the words i can't say
all add up to where i am tonight
i lay myself down
to sleep another night with those lyrics in my head
to play over and over
without relief

it took God 6 days to create the earth and heavens
and given his obvious superior natural ability
why not give us a little break
and let's see what date lucky number 13 has in store for us...?


the Family
with all their iniquities
and all their collective suffering
might have something we don't have
they might have the insight to see the bigger picture
the one that's beyond you and me
so please forgive my numb ignorance
so please forgive my self-absorbancy
take those two and call me in the morning.
i'd love nothing more than to talk to you while on my way to pick up the shelves my parents are dropping off with me so i can bring some order to my life and to my garage and basement.

i'm willing to put that up against keates and yates and jerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home