you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Friday, June 16, 2006

meany!

i love life.
it occured to me tonight that the meaning of life is really to try to figure out why certain people come into, and out of, your life.

tonight i found myself at the bar with 3 people that i completely enjoy being around... and i love the fact that i am left to figure out *why* they're there... be it friendship, or being able to laugh over the idea of drinking a Christmas tree... certain people come in to our lives to fulfill a certain need. and become a certain ideal. they are there to make us whole. whether they ever understand their full impact on us, they are there nonetheless, and they complete their mission, without ever knowing how important they really are to us.

the entire driving force behind my writing songs was always "i want to write a song that someone puts on a mixtape for someone else, because i said exactly what they wanted to say- in a way that they couldn't." and i guess that transends my mediocre songwriting ability... it's really my M.O. i want to inspire people to realize what they have to offer the world, and use what talents i may have been given to help them realize that. sometimes it may be some words that i scratched down on a Buick pad of paper... sometimes it might be a certain moment that i take between questions in a staged cross-examination... sometimes it might be in the way that i go out drinking with you... but i want to inspire those around me. and the people i find in my life surrounding me at this moment are the reason why i get up every morning. they are the ones that make me want to be a better man... to quote mr. nicholson. =)

-s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home