you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Saturday, June 03, 2006

the drunk thing

let's deal with this once and for all.
yes. i've heard more than one super-important person in my life say that I'm more fun when i'm drunk. and i used to resist it. but i think i'm ready to embrace it. something gets let go of when i've had a couple... i know it, i've always known it, but there's always been something to keep me from owning it and being cool with it.

maybe it was that i didn't know what exactly was getting let go of... maybe it was that i didn't like the idea that i had to rely on a foreign substance to liberate me. whatever it was, it is, and i need to reconcile myself with that fact, and embrace it.

so, tonight i say these things:
i love my family.
i love my friends.
i love my life.
i love my dog.
i am scared of, but love, this role.

and i feel sorry for every person who doesn't get to live the life i live. day by day, minute by minute, phone call by phone call, text message by text message....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home