you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Sunday, September 11, 2005

that great shaky feeling

it's the middle of the afternoon on sunday, september 11th, 2005, and i've just returned home from stricking all of the tech from last friday's fundraiser at St. Dunstan's. It was much more of a success than i ever believed it would be. it was a great night, and i think everyone had a great time.
so now, i have finished cleaning up all the lights and miscellaneous tech stuff from this event, and i did so by myself. which isn't that big of a deal. it was nice to be out in the Greek by myself, working, enjoying the sunshine. it allowed me a great deal of time to think. the greek theatre has been the home to some of my life's most poignant moments. there are deep emotional streaks of color that i think i'll carry with me for the rest of my life that were generated in that space. an outdoor theatre in the middle of the woods. it is beautiful.
so, it was nice to be left alone in that space with my thoughts. and some of them are haunting, some of them are extremely funny, and others just warm my heart to bring them to life again in my mind.
i'm filthy, exhausted, and starving. but damn, i feel good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to know by now that it is a daily habit for me to check your blog. I get excited each day that you write because it is a new glimpse into your soul. So, because you are brave enough to put yourself out there I will give you this little tidbit in return.

You are an amazing person. There is depth to you that most don't see unless they choose to get to know you. They way that you look at life, whether in the present or in memories, is one of the main reasons I love you. Whether good or bad, you let each moment live in you and cherish it always.

I miss you terribly.

Darci

Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home