you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Monday, August 01, 2005

what is it about you?

spent the weekend in new york city. on the island of manhattan. an easy way to make a short 3 day trip feel longer is to stay up the entire time. that's an exaggeration, but not by much. as a result of my vacation extension-er, i'm sick.
saw three shows while we were there (my travel companion this time was jamie): Glengarry Glen Ross, Sweet Charity, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. all three shows were excellent. GGGR was probably my favorite experience, just because the piece holds a special place in my heart... as does Charity, but for different reasons.
after the saturday matinee of charity, we were walking down 45th street (every show we saw this weekend was on 45th... stayed at 56th and 6th, le parker meridien) and frederick weller was exiting the theatre and crossing the street. as he crossed, i paused and wondered if i should say something... this was really my first random sighting of someone i watched on stage... so i yelled "williamson!" he turned around and i told him "great show last night." i'm not sure he heard me, but he answered to his character name... it made my day.
anyway. this is probably the poorest writing i've done in the short time you've known me. hopefully it won't get worse. i'm just hopped up on pseudoephedrine in an effort to clear up the stuffy head. thought my ear was going to split open on the plane yesterday. still can't hear out of it very well.
also saw Bethesda Fountain with my own two eyes. it was quite powerful to stand there, and actually know what it commemorates, and some of the back-story. i'm not trying to sound educated... i'm simply gleening the information from the Angels in America script. i'm assuming tony kushner knows his shit. =)

ok. gonna go lay back down now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home