you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

bite me, kiefer

the last 24 hours or so have been one hell of a ride.
it all started this morning at about 12:30 am with a text message.
that led to a blog that i wasn't ready to see.
the blog led me to crafting an email the response to which would rule my entire afternoon.
after crafting the email, i layed in my bed, watched 3 episodes of the sopranos, trying desperately to fall asleep.
about three o'clock i realize that sleep will not come on it's own. so, i lay there thinking about having a drink, or a warm glass of milk (of which I have none in my refridgerator). Finally I decide on 2 Tylenol Simply Sleep pills. They usually take about an hour to kick in, and don't wear off fully for about 8.
so, there i am at four in the morning, watching something i'd tivo-d long ago, trying to take my mind off the blog, and trying to convince my stomach to not be sick. there are tears, there are prayers, there is suffering.
finally i drift off to a peaceful 3 hours or so of one long, incredibly realistic dream, all of which deals solely with the contents of the blog. i also had that song-snippet stuck on repeat in my head the entire time, which usually only happens to me when i'm trying to sleep drunk. so, needless to say, my day started fully drugged, tormented by 3 hours of painful fitful sleep, and a pit in my stomach that i could not quench.
i then spent my day making a flyer for a fund-raiser which occurs friday, checking my email literally every 30 seconds (see above). Then it's off to rehearsal - THE - rehearsal (there's only one) where i am tech director.
then i get a phone call from the author of the blog.
then i get a phone call from a friend who's just broken up with their significant other.
then i hear people screaming for me from the theatre.
now it's time to run the show, teach the assistant stage manager how to use my laptop computer with the projector, both of which i've balanced perilously over a reflecting pool layered in green sludge.
then it's back home, back to the computer to email the guy at kinko's the original file, because somehow the master print I made didn't work, even though i handed him a perfectly folded, perfectly sized original... to which all he had to do is replicate.

which brings me to now. i am such an emotional wreck, i can barely figure out how to spell my first name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home