you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Thursday, August 25, 2005

eleven to one!

so, it's not just the score of the Tiger's game i went to today (we were on the "one" end of that equation, by the way), but also a phrase from my past. when i layed concrete for a living, we had a job at an Italian restaurant somewhere near Ryan and 14 mile? i don't remember. i know my roommate christyn would drive by on her way to work for Rainbird sprinkler systems.... anyway. the owner of this restaurant would come out every day and yell at us (as we were fixing his handicap access and the huge hole in his parking lot, mind you) that we were to stop working and disband from "eleven to one!" every day so his lunch crowd could enter his restaurant without encountering any workers or orange cones.

anyway. it's 11 o'clock, i'm pretty much drunk, and contemplating moving to new york at this moment. so, give me the benefit of the doubt here. what have i got here to make me want to stay? my family. some friends. a community theatre group that i feel at home in... that's about it. every big risk i've ever taken has paid off for me, either financially, emotionally, or spiritually. so, what am i waiting for?

i'm the black sheep of my family, so why not act like it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home