you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm in the photograph

i once wrote a song- well, lyrics really, about a photograph i have. they're some of my favorite, but i could never get music to fit to them right. it's frustrating; waiting for inspiration as I do. i have never crafted a song... they just seem to fall out of me in one big (or small) chunk. and the little pieces of songs I have, that I've carried around with me all these years... i fear that is all they will ever be because of this trend of mine.

but there is something to be said for the fact that in my most prolific time - spring term of my junior year - something happened. and i think it may be starting again. i have that same feeling in my chest. there is a newness in me. one that seems new and old, all at the same time. and all the pollution of the world did not, and will not, stop me from realizing my own renaissance.

3 Comments:

Blogger e_prime said...

DO IT!

I've always liked your stuff. Get it out!

PS: I'll be in detroit from June 16 - 20. lets get a drink. are the tigers at home then?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger twozebras said...

dude... you picked the longest road trip they take all month. no, they're gone that entire time.

i *will* be in A Few Good Men during that time, so you can come see me on stage for the first time since 1992.... ha ha ha

drinks fo sho

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:09:00 PM

 
Blogger e_prime said...

ooh! definitely coming to see you in yr. show.

-siwbbb

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:15:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home