you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

fear and loathing

on my way home from rehearsal tonight i started to have a little panic attack about this whole wayne state thing. i started thinking about everything i would be giving up, and where i'd be in 3.5 years, and how much money i'd have, and where i'd go from there. i'll almost be 35 years old, have almost no money, and who knows where i'll be in terms of a relationship. maybe i'll find me a sugar momma who will support me during school. maybe i'll find her, and we'll get married sometime in the middle there. but then you have the question of children, and starting a family, which i'm assuming i'll pretty much want to get right on, being 35 years old. and i thought about the impossibility of making a living actually acting. and it scares the hell out of me. it scares me almost to the point of wanting to back out of my audition. withdraw my application... but not quite. i don't really think i'll get in. and that thought isn't based on a judgement of my ability, i think i would fit in very nicely at wayne, and learn very quickly the things i need to know. it's more a matter of the group's needs. they may not be taking any men this year, let alone 30's leading-male types. so, i will forego the panic attack tonight. i will cross that bridge when i come to it.
if i come to it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says you're the leading man type? Ha ha. Just kidding. Trying to lighten it up.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Determination has no lightness. I find myself thinking you are not a "Type". You are simply, a leading man, who will lead himself to greatness in his own right, in his own time. All that you need now is a leading lady. You have had your rehearsal period with the understudies, now it's onto the real thing. Shine on, my brave and dear friend.

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home