you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

braceface

little pieces of metal, cemented to my teeth. strung together by a piece of wire. this wire is periodically tightened until my teeth *move*. it will be this way for six or nine months...

sound like a scene from SAW II? unfortunately it's my life. starting tomorrow. when i'm assuming the banner under which i live my life will probably change to something more like "leave me the fuck alone. i am a thirty one year old man with braces. how much worse can my life be?" maybe not that harsh. but i'm not looking forward to it, the braces. i look forward to having straight teeth again (i've had braces before, my teeth didn't feel like cooperating) and relieving the stress my cross bite is putting on my gums, and being done with it, but the process is one which will tend to shoot my self-esteem into the crapper. it was the same way with my glasses. just one of my things.

made my first purchase at Tiffany & Co. this weekend. and none of that Troy, MI crap, either. Fifth Avenue at 57th Street, NY NY baby. and presented the purchase at the corner of Mott & Bayard in Chinatown after dinner... which wasn't exactly the location i originally pictured in my head, but the moment was just right. and it was amazing. i will think back on it often and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home