you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

you take the good, you take the bad

so yesterday i was at lunch with my friends from work, and my cell phone rang. the caller id displayed a number i did not recognize, and normally i would not pick up such a phone call... but last friday i spent my afternoon driving up to grand blanc to audition for a television commercial for my employer. so, i picked up. the conversation was both exhilerating and confusing. it was a woman with an advertising agency, asking me where she could fax some forms i needed to sign.
"well, i haven't actually been contacted about being cast..."
"well plan on it, because i was given your name and phone number."
so i gave her my email and work fax number. got back to my desk, checked my messages, and had a message from a casting director with the i-group. so, i called her back, and i will be appearing in a national television commercial.

as to how much i appear, well that remains to be seen. still, it made my day, and frankly i could use it yesterday.

so, now the bad, as the Facts of Life theme tells us in such a wise manner...
i give my exgirlfriend her dog back tomorrow. it's complicated, and i don't really expect anyone to understand, but when we separated, we really wanted to keep our dogs together. my dog ella grew up with her dog sara, and they are true sisters in love. originally kate stated that she was going to give me sara, so the girls could stay together. i never really believed she would be capable of such a thing, as she's had sara longer than she's known me... but i understood the motivation. i thought briefly about giving her ella, and i know she would love her so deeply and care for her better than i probably can, but right now i need to stop hemorrhaging things i love. my dog is my daughter, and i don't think i could live without her right now. of course, i did get home to an entire cushion from my couch having been shredded and all over the house... i probably could have parted with her at that moment. =) but only for a short time. anyway, to the original point... tomorrow i will be giving kate both dogs while i go out of town for the weekend. then we'll see. i have really become attached to sara over the past two weeks, and my heart will break when she leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home