you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

time to dry out

this is an old picture of me from about 2000? it was taken by my friend eric weisbrod at a little bar in madison, wisconsin called Magnus. on certain nights a girl named joy would sing jazz standards and we would go there to listen and drink. eric had just gotten his camera i believe, and was looking for subjects to take interesting pictures. i can't say this one fills that criteria, but i was screwing around with the colorization of the photo.
i remember club magnus being incredibly pretentious, especially for a small wisconsian town. i remember caitlin ordering us a plate of cheeses from around the world. i still can't get one of those tastes out of my mouth. nevertheless, i would like to go back to madison some time, and visit all of the old haunts. magnus was a particular favorite, just because it was small, and near my house, and pretentious, and fun. it was quiet, save for the jazz, which was nice. it lacks a comparitor from my current residence. i'm sure there is one, but have not had the pleasure of coming upon it. i never would have found magnus, frankly, if caitlin hadn't suggested we try it one night. but i'm glad she did. i look back on those nights fondly. where i could sit and drink and write in my journal about the way i saw the world at that moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're, like, really complicated arn't you.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:27:00 PM

 
Blogger twozebras said...

I try not to be.

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home