you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Thursday, March 16, 2006

you let go

living in a vacuum
amidst the pet hair and dead skin
the particles of days gone by
there's little pressure inside this little womb
there's nothing but looking back
on the things you used to have
but they were only make believe
they were only wisps of steam
coming off yet another box of mac and cheese
i look around and see the future
you'll eventually believe in
but i only hope for your sake it's not too late
there are distractions all around
and they're more than happy to take your money
the kind you spend in thoughtful glances
thoughtless gestures
and bowing down before the master
i hold in my hand the reality of life
and the potential to make it a dream
if you'd only wake up and smell what the rock is cookin'.
i break my hearts
as my yearbook so prophetically proclaimed
before i was ready to know it
and before you knew my heartbeat
would only beat for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home