you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

google maps

life's true meaning
it escapes me even now
through the roadmaps of my feelings
she lays me down
she reads my letters
as she's walking out the door
my heart my life my whole insides
are a treasure for her floor


i wrote a song with those lyrics over 10 years ago. a fucking decade. and how far have i come? not very far. it's the roadmaps line that really gets me now. there are thoroughfares, and freeways, established routes, well worn with travel. but there are shortcuts, and county roads, and back ways to be explored. and i think that's where i'm at right now. i know where i want to go, but i can't go the same old route. it's time to explore, and throw it into all wheel drive. carve a new path, find a new way. prove myself on the journey. life is the journey, right? so why am i so worried about when i get where i'm going? i need the journey. i want the journey. i *will* have the journey. =)

who's riding shotgun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home