you'll find my heart at my center of gravity; wrapped up in laughter, school work, and tragedy

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the last five years

five years ago i was standing in my hotel room at the Extended Stay America in Madison, Wisconsin pondering how my graduate defense would go.

and then i watched live as a second plane flew into the World Trade Center.

how far i've come. how little i've done. how fragile life is.

perspective is a powerful thing... when it is what you need, life can be incredibly hard. when it is something you have, it is incredibly hard to watch those around you yearn for it.

i wish i had the answers. i wish i knew my own ass from a hole in the wall.

but tomorrow i will get up and go to work and do the best that i can in this little corner of the human experience i've carved out for myself.

and i hope you do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home